Gabriel AchourPartner | Prague
Gabriel Achour practised at the US law firm Altheimer & Gray and later worked as a senior attorney at Glatzová & Co.
Gabriel Achour specialises in M&A and real estate projects including project financing, infrastructure and transport development deals. He has extensive experience in international transactions and has participated in some of the most important deals in recent Czech history including the privatisation and sale of key industrial and energy companies.
Gabriel advises on major domestic and international real estate and construction projects and acts for investors in transport infrastructure, energy, residential and shopping centre developments. He has expertise in financing, dispute resolution and international arbitration and was involved in drafting the standard documentation of the top Czech banks, including comprehensive loan agreements and hedging documentation.
Gabriel also acts in personal rights and reputation protection cases and advises on media and broadcasting law and public interest claims.
Gabriel’s experience includes:
- Leading the Czech legal team that coordinated the acquisition of Transgas, a.s. and shares in eight gas distribution companies, including comprehensive due diligence.
- Leading the Czech legal team that managed the acquisition of Carrefour Group by a major international retail chain.
- Acting as lead counsel in the acquisition of Slovakofarma Hlohovec.
- Advising a major foreign retail chain on its real estate investments worth more than CZK 8 billion.
- Assisting a top Norwegian bank with the granting and securing of syndicated loans in the Czech Republic.
- Advising Prague Roads Administration Authority on the further performance of a contract on the operation, administration, repair and maintenance of infrastructure on the Malovanka - Pelc / Tyrolka section of the city ring road.
- Acting for a major Austrian construction and investment group in its disputes in the Czech Republic.
- Acting for a leading international retailer in a precedent-setting appeal to the Czech Supreme Court over local entities’ rights to sue municipal authorities.
- Assisting a major Russian engineering company with its investments in Czech and Italian air conditioning and refrigeration equipment producers.
- Advising an international fintech company on the use of its know-how in a major Czech banking system.
- Leading the legal team that coordinated the sale of shares in KOVOLIS HEDVIKOV a.s., a top producer of aluminum castings for the automotive industry.
- Advising a prominent contracting authority (public undertaking) on the development of sites attached to a CZK 4-billion transport infrastructure project, including the creation of transaction documentation.
- Representing a prominent contracting authority (public undertaking) in a CZK 4-billion+ construction project including a public transport hub, private transport connections, related infrastructure and separate developments by private investors and coordinating cooperation between private and public entities.
- Assisting a major contracting authority (public undertaking) with the revitalisation of a development in Prague attached to a CZK 2-billion transport hub construction project.
- Advising a leading Czech development and investment group on its joint venture with a German investor to develop a site in outer Prague.
- Advising a major broadcasting company on lawsuits related to the protection of personal rights and reputations.
Gabriel Achour is recognised as a leading Czech expert on real estate law in respected international legal rankings publications.
Gabriel is a member of the Czech Bar Association, an arbitrator at the Arbitration Court of the Czech Economic Chamber and Agricultural Chamber and a board member for the Association for the Development of the Real Estate Market (ARTN).
Gabriel is the author of professional publications related to rights in rem, security instruments, joint venture structures and M&A issues. He is the co-author of Compensation for Damage and Non-Material Losses in Civil and Commercial Dealings (Key Publishing: 2015) and Financing Development Projects (ARTN: 2008).